Bangkok Itinerary 4 Days 3 Nights (Part 1)By
Tags: Bangkok itinerary 4 days 3 nights, Bangkok travel budget, Fish spa, MBK centre, MK steamboat
I am excited to book a holiday to Bangkok next year. You did not read it wrongly. Yes, next year. I love travel planning and here I am planning a trip more than 6 months ahead. So what will be my planned Bangkok itinerary 4 Days 3 nights?
Most hotels allow guests to check in at 2 p.m. and check out at 12 p.m.
My flight to Bangkok is on AirAsia and will be arriving Bangkok at 12.15 p.m.
On departure date, flight departs Bangkok at 4.45p.m. At that time, I am thinking if I should take the night flight home but finally decided against it as I did not want to be too tired for the next day.
If you really look at the flight timing, I will have effectively 2.5 full days in Bangkok!
When I plan my travel itinerary, I typically consider the following questions
1) Who am I traveling with? Am I bringing along my child? Or my parents? Or am I just traveling with hubby as a couple?
Typically the interest groups will be slightly different and will require adjustments to the travel itinerary so that all parties interests are taken care of.
2) Any of the most famous tourists sights that we must visit? Or else we can’t say we have been to Bangkok?
3) As any typical Singaporeans, experience the local food is a must must for me! Where can I find good and cheap local food?
4) There is always a limit, cap by a travel budget. That means I need to adjust my itinerary to be within my travel budget.
This time, I am just traveling with hubby and my girl. The trip is meant as a short getaway. This is my planned itinerary
The trip starts in the morning checking into the airport lounges at Changi Airport Terminal One. Lets start off with a hearty breakfast while waiting for our flight.
Upon reaching Don Mueang airport, which AirAsia shall be flying in with effect from 1 October 2012, we will grab a taxi to our 5 star hotel located at Sathorn area.
The hotel room should be ready for our check in. If not, we shall make a request to leave our luggage with the reception and proceed with our shopping spree.
Our first shopping spree is targeted at MahBoonKrong (MBK Centre), which we can grab a good lunch at 6th floor food court.
MBK is conveniently located at National Statium BTS and shall be a breeze to reach it.
For dinner, we are looking forward to have a good one at MK Steamboat (located at 7th Floor) at MBK Centre. Don’t just order the steamboat. The duck and Char siew at Thailand is extremely nice too!
Maybe we should end our night with fish spa which is an interesting activity for kid.
There is a Siam Fish spa located at MBK which is located at 8th floor. The fish spa pricing is about Baht 300 for 30 minutes.
Estimated Travel Budget
1) Taxi from Airport to Hotel =Baht 500
2) BTS transport from National Stadium and Surasak (return) = Baht 60/pax x 3 pax = Baht 180
3) Lunch at MBK Foodcourt = Baht250
4) Dinner at MK Steamboat = Baht 700
5) Fish Spa = Baht 900
6) Shopping = Baht 200
Total = Baht 2730 (or SGD110)
Keep tune for my day 2 itinerary