Archive for Korea Travel
For travelers visiting Korea, I am writing a series of posts on my suggested itinerary for a 8 days 6 nights Korea & Jeju travel.
Itinerary for Day 1 (Click here )
Itinerary For Day 2:-
Thinking where to visit in Korea? We are bringing you some suggested itinerary on Korea travel.
This can serve as a travel planner if you are going for a free & easy travel.
Even if you are going to scout for a tour packages, having in mind some of the suggested itinerary allows you to ask the tour agents important questions before you sign up.
During my recent Korea trip, I visited the Louis Vuitton (LV) boutique to find out the handbag prices there.
If you travel to Korea, never leave that place without buying cosmetics. It is a cosmetics shopping heaven there. Really!
Popular cosmetics brands you can buy in Korea include Faceshop, Laneige, Missha.
Just to give you an examples of cosmetics deals in Korea:-
1) Face masks
- In Singapore, Faceshop masks is sold at 3 pieces for S$10 or 3 pieces for S$12
- In Korea, Faceshop masks is sold at Won 1000 / piece which is about S$1.25. Cheap, right? Buy!
- According to the sales assistant in Korea, if you keep the face mask at room temperature (no need to put in refrigerator), it can last 3 years.
2) BB Creams
- BB creams are very popular in Korea. You can find established brands or even street brands.
- I got faceshop bb creams at Won 28,000 per tube. This is about S$35.00
- Laneigh has a very popular hydro sleeping mask retailing at S$45/ bottle in Singapore
- In Korea, this is sold at Won 25,000 or Won 30,000 (can’t remember the exact price), which is about S$31-S$36
- Remember, buy laneige products at the cosmetics boutique you find in Korea. Don’t be like me. I thought I can still get it at airport duty free and I am really disappointed (airport does not carry Laneige cosmetics)
Hope the above information is really helping for travel bugs.
I am back from Korea on 31 Dec 2009
Really lucky! Otherwise I may be caught by the heavy snow.
For the first time in my life, I saw real snow. It is not something like I expected. In reality, snow is really light and fluffy.
Do I enjoy the trip? Well…. I will prefer my trip to Japan last november. Maybe winter in Korea is too bitter cold for me. Also, I prefer Japanese food better.
However, I do bring back fond memories from this trip and many real life tips on how to survive a winter holiday.
Catch up on my next few posts as I am bringing back more travel tips and travel deals.